Friday, May 15, 2009

Wildflower After Thought

Tyler is doing great!

Well I have a lot to say right after I finished... but you know how things go... time pass by you get lazy... so... I'll just say a few things.

I am not too crazy about finishing because I know I can do it. However I think I got my coaches worry because I was very slow (due to lower back pain on the bike and laziness on the run.. and yes... the long transitions)... which I feel very bad about. Coach Paul and Rad... I am sorry.

One of the thing that I didn't get to see this year is to see all my teammates finish. Alex, Bobby, and Jake are injured so they couldn't do the race. Two of my teammates didn't make the bike cutoff. This is my shoot out for you guys. We'll do it next year again!

I do think that this ironteam training give me a lot of new perspective. By spending a lot of time training and getting out of my comfort zone, I get a taste of how cancer patient family go about their daily life... Busy, Emotionally/Physically drained, face uncertainty, pain...etc.

I am just glad that I finished. I fulfill my promise to Tyler, to finish the Wildflower Half Ironman in honor of him. However, break is over... I have to continue my training for the Vineman Full Ironman distance in Aug 1. I know I can finish for Wildflower... Vineman... not so much.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

thanks Louis. Dealing with my knee injury gives me a fresh prespective on what patients have to deal with. I had taken my fitness and health for granted. Now I have to fight to get them back.

Alex