Monday, December 1, 2008

Dealing with Leukemia when you are 3

Tamer(3) with his sister Yasmin (8 months)

Dealing with Leukemia since you are 3 years old? That's what Tamer and his family are doing. My teammate Dena told me her friend's son Tamer just diagnosed with Leukemia on Friday and he is currently in City of Hope. His platelets were so low, he had to have numerous blood transfusions. On Sat he had bone marrow biopsy so that the doctor can find out exactly the type of Leukemia Tamer has. Read Morehe will start Chemo on Today (Monday).

I am deeply helpless about these news. I think it's suck for a child to go thru this as they have a butt load of future in front of them. They learn about all these medical terms, lose hair, vomit like no others... all before he even go to school!

Please pray for Tamer. If you want to know more or help, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!!!

Louis

1 comment:

Shawn said...

wow! talking about hitting close to home! he and his family are certainly in my prayers!