Saturday, November 29, 2008

First Bike Training

I got to LA zoo half an hour before the training. I started riding south and it was super cold. I can't really feel my fingers!!! I also get scolded by running a stop sign on my bike. The truck behind me drove up to me and told me I am on a vehicle and I need to stop at stop sign. I did slow down and I did not see people around... that's why I roll the stop sign. Well it's my fault and I told him yes sir! I didn't want to say anything especially when I am wearing my TNT jersey.

We started training and we were divide up in two groups. The beginner group and the not so beginner group. Good thing is everyone know how to ride a bike (well at least the one that show up on sat). Although I know how to change my tire and I can ride my bike for 2-3 hours. I opt for the beginner group just so I can learn everything!

We did some drills, we learned how to change tires, and we head out.

Coach Paul explains the proper riding position (Model: Doom)

Doom shows us how to change tire and tube (for those of you who doesn't know, there is a tube inside a tire. You actually inflate the tube, not the tire =P)

I was one of the faster people in the 'beginner' group so I stopped riding and took some pictures. At first mentors thought I was in trouble. After they saw me with my camera they smile. A few people fall off their bikes (because they can't unclip in time). But all and all it was a fun experience. We went to breakfast after.

action shot

Breakfast at Alcove Cafe & Bakery: I had smoked salmon breakfast stack - two potato pancakes topped with smoked salmon, poached eggs, creme fraiche and fresh drill, served with seasonal fresh fruit. For those of you who know me, you know I don't usually eat fruits. Since I don't want to tell all my fit teammates I don't eat fruits, I ate them all =P Good Job Louis!

Rode 10.91 miles today with 735ft of gain. (735ft? ready???)

No comments: