Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tokyo March 19 (Thur): Test Run + Tokyo Marathon Expo

So I got up this morning and ran several miles. I ran from Shibuya to Shinjuku and I felt great. I decided to take the JR train back to Shibuya. Wrong decision!!! I didn't realized it at the time but I was in the middle of the rush hour. And it didn't help being in Shinjuku station because it is the busiest train station in the world.

Wikipedia on Shinjuku Station

I got in, looked at the line of people waiting for the train and I question my ability to get into the train. I just ran several miles so I am sure I smell kind of funny. I wanted to actually exit the station and 'try' in an hour or two later. However I decided to suck it up and just go in like everyone else.

Once I am in the train I feel like I am in a can of sadine. People are all packed... literally... I kid not. The train pusher wasn't there to complete my experience. While I was at the train I make sure my hands are no where near the ladies. I don't speak Japanese and I don't have my passport with me... not a good combination.

I got back to the hotel and showered. I then head out to the Tokyo Marathon Expo. The plan is to pick up my package then head out to eat this special Eel Don that Kevin recommended. But guess what, I stayed for several hours.

There are several places where you can take different pictures (for free). Here is an example... and they didn't make this just for the runners. Anyone can line up and take the pictures!


There is also a section to show the course video with live explanation. There is also a section where you get to see old pictures that you will be running at various points. I think that was very neat.

So ya...so much about having the Eel Don. I ended up getting a bowl of ramen at the Tokyo Big Sight (Where the Expo located). As I walk out the Expo I found out the Tokyo Anime Expo will start Friday. Wowwwww!!! Louis!!! Once in a life time chance! You like Anime and there is an Anime Expo!!! You have to go... so I arranged my plan... Anime Expo Friday!

I got back to the hotel and met up with a friend for dinner. His name is Kalle. He is from Sweden and his English is very good.

We went to this place called wako (和幸) which is specialized in Tonkatsu (breaded fried food... usually pork). OMG... the food was so good and it was cheap!!! The pork literally melt in my mouth. It's was unreal.


We are supposed to meet up with another friend but I got sleepy so I have to end the night short... plus my stomach wasn't feeling well... =(

1 comment:

simplyopaque said...

I went to the one in Osaka, right next to the ferris wheel. That place is good because the pork is just so so so clean.