Monday, January 19, 2009

Random Progress Report #1

Well I started my ironteam training for 10 weeks and I just want to give you guys a quick update.

Swim
First training: Thought I know how to swim, that idea changed 2 seconds after I jump into the water. Oh no I can't SWIMMMMMMMMMM.
Now: Just swam 1km sunday. a lot more comfortable with water. Working on form. Listening to the coach and hard work started to pay off =)

Bike
9 weeks ago: I am a peak bagger so I love hiking up hill. hill on a bike... however... is a different story. I can do the distance but struggle on the uphill
now: I am getting stronger with uphill. I actually do well on small hills but once the incline go over a certain grade (I need to find out) then I struggle... a lot!!! I am also more comfortable riding on the street. My thighs also got bigger and my hiking pant does not fit (because of my thigh)

Run
same... wait... now I know I can run with biking shorts for 30 minutes =P

Teammate
There are tons of us I am still getting to know people. You talk to less people because we are more spread out on the bike ride.

Coach
Helpful just like the Marathon Coach. Coach Paul and Rad push you a bit to get you work harder.

Weight
No change: I am not in my best behavior =(

Fundraising
Progress has been good. I have been getting a lot of support from people. I still need donation =)(Click Here to Read More)

Things I miss the most
Hiking. With the training schedule it's tough for me to get some hikes done =(

What keeps me going?
The fact that if I don't do the training I may die? Also I don't want to let my friends down.

I was gonna say a few more things but I forgot them. Oh well.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go improving in swimming! At least with running it's easier to fake or stop. There's no faking in swimming! :-)

Dano said...

Hey Louis. I'm with you this season - training for my first IM with a gang of Wisconsin TNT'ers. I, too, have been spending a lot of time in the pool trying to figure out this "swimming" thing...