Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tour De Foothill

I skipped my first training today and did the Tour De Foothill (50km ride with around 900ft of gain). When I was at the Long Beach Bike Ride I made a mistake of starting with the slow people because it was way too crowded!!! So this time I start off fast and race with the fastest group. The problem is... they were too fast for me... so after a while I lost them. Luckily there were coming up so I wasn't alone the hold time. This is an opened road race so there are cars driving along us. It took a bit to get used to but I gotten more comfortable as I ride along.

I finished in 2 hours (which is around 15 miles per hour). Not bad with those hills and stop lights.

It's good to see my good friend/ex coworker after the race.

Louis and Ferdin the ex coworker
When I got home I realized I have a flat. One of the sharp seed thing poke my tube! It's good cause I have an excuse to change the tube =P

No comments: